Our guests tell us all the time that they feel particularly welcome at Alcazar Court bungalows – and that staying here is just like staying at a special “home away from home”. We love our San Diego home deeply and taking care of our environment is of paramount importance. Curbside recycling options can vary significantly from city to city, and state to state, and can be very confusing.
To help you during your stay we’ve provided a guide to recycling which reflects recent positive changes to our local recyling programs. Thank you for visiting Alcazar Court and for helping us keep San Diego beautiful.
New: Clean Styrofoam™ food and drink containers, wrapping paper, and plastic buckets, tubs, pots, trays and toys are now recyclable!
Please place these items in the blue recycle bin
- Clean Styrofoam™ food and drink containers – this is new!
- Clean plastic food containers and cups
- Clean aluminum foil and trays
- All jars, glass and plastic bottles
- Aluminum and metal cans
- Paper or frozen food boxes
- Milk, juice, and other cartons
- Paper bags, shredded paper
- Plastic buckets, tubs, pots, trays and toys
Please place in the trash can
- Plastic utensils and straws
- Plastic wrap
- Snack bags and wrappers
- Pet poop
- Compostable products
Items that are recyclable but that we must separate from regular recyclables
- Plastic bags – please place in trash, not recycling
- Batteries – please leave on kitchen counter, not in trash